Thursday, October 8, 2015

Day 50

Today was a really productive day and relatively pain free. I got to meet up with my best friend, Hannah, for brunch at IHOP (Pro-tip: once you're on soft foods you can eat pretty much everything at IHOP) I got eggs and hash  browns, I even got a little more daring and got strawberries and cream crepes. It was doable. The crepes required a little more chewing than I've been used to but I could do it and I only had one or two incidents when the food didn't quite make it all the way into my mouth. I have to remind myself sometimes to chew because I've gotten so used to not chewing. I've noticed that it is easier to chew on the left side, which shouldn't be a surprise considering the issues I've had with the right side. But more excitingly I did a presentation today and it didn't hurt my jaw. I've noticed that my speech is so much clearer and I have most of the feeling back in my lips, there is only one spot all the way in the left corner of my bottom lip that still has almost not feeling at all. My right jaw is the only thing I notice that is still really swollen but the rest of my face seems to be mostly swell-free, I think I even see my cheekbones trying to come out!

WARNING: I have re-discovered facial expressions and I may have taken an obscene number of ridiculous selfies while experimenting with them and posted them here for your entertainment.

Fun fact: I can't whistle anymore, but making the whistle/kissy face is supposed to help your jaw muscles rebuild.

Its important to find some humor in this situation. I found a lot of it.


Okay so, when I was little my Uncle Teddy tried to teach all the nieces and nephews (there is a lot of us) how to touch our tongues to our noses. I have prided myself on being able to do this. So it will be kind of disappointing if I can't do that anymore.



This next one is a sequence of events that took place in a span of like 3 minutes, starting with the top left corner picture and moving left to right from there:

1) Middle school group picture pose.
2) Accidentally getting my lip stuck on my braces.
3) Realizing my my jaw is starting to hurt.
4) Deciding to take one more "good" picture that I could possibly make a Facebook profile picture.
5) Sneezing and somehow still managing to take a picture. HOW?
6) Laughing at the sneeze picture really loud and trying not to open my mouth too wide.
7) Thinking I hear a knock at the door.
8) Realizing it was just someone going into the bathroom.
9) Realizing I have been making faces at my phone for over an hour and I really need to get a life.

No comments:

Post a Comment