Monday, October 12, 2015

Day 54

So I saw the orthodontist today and bad news was they couldn't do anything because I can't open my mouth wide enough yet, the good news is my bite is perfect and as long as nothing shifts or changes I should be able to get my braces off in about 6 months (March/April). When Dr. Kozlowski told me that I swear to you I teared up and asked if I could hug him then I did hug him. All the girls in the office who I have worked with all commented that I don't look swollen at all, which is nice to hear even if I still notice some swelling. They told me to keep the bands I have from the surgeon's office on for another 6 weeks but I can take them off to eat and then they can figure out what to do with them after they can fully evaluate my back teeth and stuff. So in 6 weeks, I will have another appointment with the surgeon and the orthodontist. Being able to take the bands off to eat should make learning how to chew much easier. So starting today I begin my training for the Chewing Olympics otherwise known as Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because my Dad makes the best food ever and I plan on being able to fully enjoy everything on the table that day.

In other news, I lost another 5 pounds so that makes my total weight loss from this surgery 25 pounds. I should mention that this is more than what most people who blog about their surgery have lost, but all of them were super skinny to begin with and I had the weight to lose. So I am pretty happy about that. The Chewing Olympics might change this...

One more story for you today: so all the pictures I post here are taken on my phone and then I send them to myself on Facebook so I can upload them here. Its a complicated process but I prefer typing on my computer so its just easier for me to do it that way than trying to do all the blogging from my phone. Well, yesterday I had been messaging a classmate (who I don't talk to on a regular basis) and forgot to exit out of our conversation so I went to send this picture to myself and sent it to him by mistake. Luckily, it wasn't one of the goofy faces from last post but still I was like "HOW DO I EXPLAIN SENDING A RANDOM SELFIE TO A PERSON I DON'T TALK TO?" He was really nice about but I still feel the awkward in the air. Whatever.



No comments:

Post a Comment