Sunday, August 23, 2015

Day 3

So I like to think I am pretty tough when it comes to pain tolerance levels but let me tell you, getting your jaw broken in four places sucks. So I come to you today from my parents' bed (they have the good pillows) full of extra-strength pain medication (did this ever seem like a regular-strength appropriate situation? I think not) and fairly up-beat. I got to have visitors today and I was actually awake for it and it was so good to see Sarah and Collin Schuster! I have such supportive friends! And neither of them even screamed.

The new meds don't even taste that bad, so I'm either growing as a medication-taking adult or they decided not to keep torturing people who already require the DRINKABLE medicine option.

On the recovery front: this is my new best friend. I've named him and made him part of my hourly routine. Trust me you don't want to know the details but I can breathe and that is an amazing feeling.



I have been eating a lot more today too, two cups of chicken broth and two cups of almond milk. Tomorrow's goal: three cups of literally anything else. Dad said he would make me onion soup so I can at least have the yummy flavored broth.

And for what I am now referring to as "What Scary Thing Do I Resemble Today?"

Miss Trunchbull from Matilda!

No comments:

Post a Comment