Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Day 5

Mostly successful day, because my swelling peaked last night and has only gone down a little I decided to lay extra low today. Lots of sleeping and experimenting with different foods to eat.

Alternative to tomato soup: Cream of chicken. it tastes more like an actual meal than just ketchup.

Grammy was able to help me make a soup that was on a list of recipes the hospital gave me and we only had to make a few alterations.

Sweet Potato and Apple Bisque

  • peel and dice 1 lb of sweet potatoes (or just two big ones).
  • peel and dice one granny smith apple.
  • boil in separate pots until soft.
  • put into one big pot then add 1 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth.
  • 3/4 cup apple juice.
  • 1 tbsp canola oil.
  • dash of black pepper.
  • bring to a simmer.
  • blend until smooth then strain before serving.
The recipe also called for onions and I can see how for flavor that might be nice but I like it just fine without.

No comments:

Post a Comment