Thursday, August 27, 2015

Day 8

Yesterday was brutal. My face swelled up so much that I could barely recognize myself and it was the worst thing ever, I was so uncomfortable I couldn't sleep. Being the anxiety filled person that I am I called Yale at 3:00 am to make sure the enormous increase in swelling was normal. The keep insisting that it is but I am pretty positive that its not. So I use ice packs and hot compresses on and off all day like the doctor recommended and it isn't until I took a second dose of Children's Motrin that finally came to a logical explanation for the swelling increase: I am allergic to Motrin. Probably not the drug itself but one of the ingredients in drinkable version because after the swelling coming down significantly I took more Motrin and the swelling went right back up.

Worst Swelling of my life.
Luckily, the doctors told me that at my one week post-op appointment they could possibly prescribe a steroid that will bring down the swelling and I am sure as hell going to take them up on that. I move back to Lesley on the 7th and if I could do that with a slightly less fat face that would be amazing. Mostly I would really just love to be able to move my lips enough to talk on the phone, and I feel like that is kind of necessary especially if I am going back to school and need to make another 3:00am phone call to Yale. Also this jaw bra can GTFO.

I just have to make it until tomorrow at 1:00. Until then I will remain incognito.

No comments:

Post a Comment