Monday, August 17, 2015

ONE DAY MORRRRREEEEE

(Totally sang the title like Jean Val Jean in Les Mis)

Tomorrow is my last day before surgery and I could not be more excited, nervous, anxious, and every other emotion in the book. I think I have everything I could possibly need but inevitably I will have forgotten something that my parents will have to pick up before I come home.

Lets just run through the list:

  • clear broths and juices for my first two days home.
  • baby tooth brushes.
  • Holy Grail AKA Magic Bullet
  • soups and smoothie ingredients to blend.
  • Tub of Vaseline (recommended by a girl in my orthodontics office who reminded me I won't be able to open my mouth enough to lick my lips).
  • plastic piercing retainer thingies so my piercings don't close up in surgery.
I think that is all I need right now right? 

I packed up most of my stuff to go back to school so I don't have to worry about that and I finished all my homework for my online class so all I have to do when I get home on Thursday or Friday is binge watch something on Netflix, all of which is a huge relief.

Also, I finally figured out how to add pictures to these blog posts! So in honor of getting my face broken on Wednesday here is a picture of my crooked jaw!

Once I get the images from the surgeon I will add those too but for now these awkward selfies give you an idea. I still can't believe that after YEARS of worrying about how weird my chin is in pictures and feeling like everyone notices it, I will finally finally finally not have to think about it anymore. I mean I will probably be swollen and chipmunk-y for a while but at least my jaw will be straight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment