Monday, August 24, 2015

Day 4 Continued...

Starting out with a shout out to the best Grammy ever for taking care of my today! We ran some errands and I got to leave my house which felt awesome...and exhausting! I even got to eat something that was not chicken broth. Okay it was tomato soup...but still a step up. It was kind of like drinking ketchup through a straw but again still better than constant broth. I will be trying a recipe for sweet potato apple bisque some time this week so I think that might be a project for tomorrow getting all the ingredients (maybe Grammy will be so kind as to help me with that).

Unfortunately I was so excited about being able to talk a little more today that I talked too much and ended up having to call the APRN who was on call at Yale because I swelled up so bad. Basically they told me that I have to sit down and shut up if I ever want to heal. So tomorrow I have to cool it and take an extra nap. Okay if you insist. Also in case you couldn't tell, I've literally given up caring about my hair. There's no saving it from the Jaw Bra's mighty grasp.
I see Dr. Stienbacher (also just found out his name is Derrick and I thought it was Jonathan so the initials on my face were DS so slightly embarrassed) on Friday for my one week post-op appointment, keeping my fingers crossed that he will give me the okay to start using cups, baby spoons and maybe even a straw because this syringe thing is getting real old.

No comments:

Post a Comment