Thursday, September 3, 2015

Day 15

A few new developments today: 1) The blister/sore thing on the inside of my lip is definitely smaller but my bottom lip is still really swollen and not so comfy but I'm just gonna keep the wax on my braces until it heals then maybe the swelling will go away. 2) I was able to eat 5 M&Ms today. I was so desperate to eat something solid that I put the M&Ms in my mouth the same way I take pills and then just crushed them on the roof of my mouth with my tongue (I also realized that only half of the roof of my mouth has feeling in it). There are loopholes in this liquid diet thing. 3) I CAN fit a baby spoon in my mouth. I didn't have food on it but I think the trick is going to be having to flip the spoon upside down the way you would eat peanut butter off a spoon. 4) I can stick my tongue out! I realized that last night and honestly my first reaction wasn't "OH MY GOD I CAN STICK MY TONGUE OUT!" it was "What if I won't be able to touch my tongue to my nose anymore???" That would be so disappointing. Clearly I have my priorities straight. 5) Drinking from a straw is getting easier and easier.

I've started dreaming about food too. Like actually though. Last night I had a dream about eating an eggroll. Nothing else happened, it was just me eating an eggroll. This is my life. This. Is. My. Life. 

6 more days to soft foods.


No comments:

Post a Comment