Friday, September 11, 2015

Day 23



No smile today. I can feel the sutures all the way around my gums its not that its painful it just feels tight and like they are being stretched too far. My jaw itself was also really sore today. I'm pretty sure its just a result of talking so much the past few days. So I did my best not to open too much today. Eating is getting easier though. I tried taking off the bands to eat and its more uncomfortable than I thought it would be, without the bands my jaw kinda floats open by itself and it takes a conscious effort to close and and open it again, so I've opted to just take the bands half off leaving them on just two surgical hooks on each side rather than all four.

I also learned that I am just shy of being able to fit the baby tooth brush between my teeth even with the bands off. I can force it but its a little painful and I don't want to overdo it. Something else I noticed today is that my ear feels like it popped or is filled with water, I slept on that side all night so I think its just a result of the swelling by that joint.

Its really easy to isolate my self in my room all day when I don't have to go to class and I am really trying not to get into that habit so I went for a walk today and even just a short walk to the corner market was really draining. So I'm probably going to sleep a lot tomorrow and in the upcoming weeks. Also just as a side note, I really miss salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment