Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Day 13

Feeling a little better today. I went to the orthodontist and learned how to take my bands off and put them back on. It takes me a good 15 minutes to do both. I'm thinking that instead of changing them every 3 days its going to be more like every 5 days. What really sucks is that I had the old bands perfectly stretched out so that I could open my jaw to yawn and take pills comfortably and now I have to start all over again. I know its supposed to be tight to keep my mouth closed but in all honesty, I talk way too much for that.


My lip is still super swollen but only on the right side. I blame the sore on the inside of my lip for that, though it has gotten better with the salt rinses and keeping the wax on the bracket that was cutting it. I also have a good amount the feeling back in my upper lip and I have theory that as soon as the swelling in my bottom lip goes down I will be able to feel that too. I've given up on wishing away the swelling in my cheeks. Clearly my cheeks are on strike and don't feel like joining the rest of my face on the no swelling thing. Whatever. My black eye is clearing up a little more too which is a plus. Once I am back at school I might experiment with make up to see if that helps this situation at all.

My appetite is still iffy. I'm not really hungry and I hate all of my options but I'm eating more out of necessity because I need the energy. I tried some new things today, for lunch I blended up some vegetable soup with some beef broth which looked gross but tasted for the most part like vegetable soup. I really miss being able to eat bread with my soup. Bread is on the top of my list of things to eat as soon as I am on a soft foods diet. On that note, I did a thing today guys. First story time:

So there is a market at the end of the road that I live on, and they have the best bakery. Last weekend my mom brought home muffins, chocolate croissants, cinnamon rolls and I'm not sure who decided to torture me and buy the brownies but that was totally not cool. Anyway, these blueberry muffins have been calling to me for days now and I COULDN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE. Today, a tiny little voice in my head whispered "I bet you could blend that". SO I DID.

Blueberry Muffin Smoothie

  • 2 cups vanilla almond milk.
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla frosting (this definitely isn't necessary but it was in the pantry and it smelled good. Don't judge me.)
  • 1 tblsp blueberry jam. (The jam is softer and blends easier than actual blueberries that get a little chunky and weirdly grainy).
  • 1 scoop Ensure protein powder.
  • Crumble half a muffin into the cup.
  • Blend until smooth.
  • Strain over a cup to get rid of weird blueberry chunks that refused to blend properly.
It really tasted like a blueberry muffin. It was really thick though so I had to add more milk and still I could only drink half of it.
 Lizzie was very confused as to what I was eating.


Next time I'm going for the chocolate croissant.

No comments:

Post a Comment