Saturday, September 12, 2015

Day 24

Not much to report today, my jaw was still a little sore from the work out I gave it this week but I checked with the doctor and she said that its all normal. As for the stretching feeling, she told me that was normal too but I probably wasn't staying hydrated enough so I have been drinking water like crazy. I have been making a point of going for a walk every day that I have off just to get me out of my room and to help build up my stamina. Today I walked about two miles from my dorm to the grocery store and back and I didn't even need to take a nap after!

 The food accommodations people aren't as helpful as I had hoped. I have been eating tuna salad and chicken salad because its protein that I can eat without chewing and so I put it on my list of things I need for next week and I got a very snooty email that said "Tuna salad is in the cafe" and my only thought was yes but its on pre-packaged sandwiches so what exactly is it that you suggest I do? But if thats the only thing I have to buy for myself I guess I shouldn't really complain. Tomorrow I think I am going to go to the dining hall and get some scrambled eggs for breakfast and see how that goes.

There really hasn't been any change in the swelling unfortunately but the numbness in my left cheek has almost disappeared leaving just my lips and chin still numb. Even that is getting better.

One of my teeth is really achey today its one of the teeth that has a surgical hook on it that holds the elastics so I'm wondering if taking the bands on and off to eat has irritated it or caused some shifting. Something to ask about at my next ortho appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment