Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Day 20

So running around all day yesterday wore me out more than I thought! I slept until noon today, thank god I didn't have any classes! But I was able to get up and go to lunch with my friend, Rhiannon, at one of the dining halls that was serving mashed potatoes. I didn't even make a mess while eating or snap any bands! After lunch Rhiannon and I went into Harvard square and got smoothies from Ben and Jerry's. The heat is really taking a toll on me too, I get light headed really easy and I have to make sure I can sit down every once in a while but for the most part I am able to function normally.


The swelling seems to be going down a little more, my lips are just shy of being back to their normal size but are still really numb, I am hoping that will go away soon because its really annoying. I still have swelling in my lymph nodes which unfortunately means I still have that hot double chin look going on but even that is not as bad as it was. See that dark circle-ish mark on my jaw line? That is the only external entry point from when they screwed my jaw into place. Not too bad!

I still have a really creepy smile but now that the swelling is going down a little more I have more stretch in my cheeks which with any luck will mean that I can laugh without scaring everyone around me in the not too distant future.

Tomorrow is the first day of classes and I have one from 8:00am to 9:30pm so that is going to be a struggle. With that in mind, I'm gonna take a nap because this heat is kicking my ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment