Sunday, September 6, 2015

Day 18

Good news all around today. I am able to eat off of a normal fork, and I have added a few more items to the list of things I can eat now! Including fish (okay its a frozen fish patty that I have to cut up and squish down flat with the fork), hummus, and lightly blended cooked carrots (with butter and brown sugar). I am also able to change the bands on my braces with no issues!

There has been no change in the swelling that I can see but I am pretty thrilled that I am eating real food again even if it is in a less than solid form. I feel much better about going back to school now that I can eat a little bit. I still need the mirror to know where my teeth are if I'm using the fork but if I'm just using my hands like a cave person I don't need it. Not sure why that works but it does. I still haven't found out if I can take the bands off to eat but I haven't been and its been working so far though being able to take them off would open up a few more possibilities. I am hoping to add Mac and Cheese to the list of acceptable foods soon but I think that might require being able to use a spoon and I'm not quite there yet. I can open my mouth about halfway which is serious progress from last week when I was just opening enough to take pills. I'm excited that this recovery is going by pretty fast, I just wish the feeling would come back in my face.



No comments:

Post a Comment