Saturday, September 19, 2015

Day 31

Technically, calendar wise, today (9-19-15) I am one month post-op. This has definitely not been the smoothest recovery and I have had experiences that most people don't have so in honor for surviving one whole month of this crap here is a list of similarities and differences.

Common Experiences:

  • syringe eating
  • jaw bra
  • snapping elastics
  • antiseptic mouth wash and the grey teeth it causes
  • gappy teeth post-op
  • numb lips
  • liquid/mush diet

Different Experiences:

  • allergy to narcotic pain meds (facial and throat swelling)
  • allergy to NSAIDs and all liquid meds (facial and throat swelling)
  • trouble staying hydrated
  • kidney stones
  • low energy level lasting longer than 2 weeks post op
  • trouble sleeping
On the bright side I have found a few more things I can eat. My new favorite is probably quiche, it comes in small portions (that I can cut into smaller portions so that I can eat it), it has a ton of protein in it because its made of eggs and it tastes really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment