Monday, September 7, 2015

Day 19

Okay so I moved into school today. All in all it was pretty hitch free, we didn't even hit traffic coming into Boston. My parents and I went on a quest to find a box fan because mine broke and pick up some other things that I forgot to pack then we stopped for lunch, I was able to eat some sweet potato fries until one of the bands on my braces snapped. I am breaking those like crazy lately! Hopefully tomorrow I will find out whether or not I can take them off to eat/brush my teeth. Maybe then I won't break as many.

No change the swelling of my cheeks but my lips look SO MUCH BETTER, the blister/sore/thingy on the inside of my lower lip is so much smaller now and I think within another week it will be gone and so will most of the swelling. I feel like the bands are the only thing keeping me from opening my mouth fully so that's good, every once in a while the left side of my jaw gets really tight and it hurts to open, and both joints still twitch every once in a while but its less noticeable now.

I feel ready to start classes but it sucks that all of my friends live on the other campus this year, but its not like I can eat at the dining hall with other people anyway so I guess it doesn't really matter. I get really self-conscious about eating in front of people because it can get pretty messy especially if I miss my mouth which still happens a lot...Anyway, I still wish I had the next few weeks at home. The doctors said that by the end of 6 weeks I should be ready to go back on normal food and eat like a human again so I only need to get through 3 more weeks. Sounds easy enough right? Wrong. My next appointment isn't until 8 weeks post-op (October 13th) so here's hoping nothing goes wrong between now and then!

No comments:

Post a Comment